Filling the gap!!

So, my last blog post is back in 2009!! So many things happened in my life last few years.

Here are some highlights:

2010

  • July, 2010:
    • Moved to Habarakada, Sri Lanka. It was not easy moving to a whole new place after living for more than 2 decades in the same place, which used to call "Home"!
  • September 2010:
    • Started using Windows 7 for the first time at office!
  • October, 2010:
    • Participated to APICTA 2010 Malaysia with my manager. The InfoTrack product we presented there won the Gold Award at NBQSA 2010 in the commercial R&D category and won Silver overall.
  • December, 2010:
    • Bought Sony Ericsson Vivaz! My first smartphone!

2011

  • April, 2011:
    • Sri Lanka lost in ICC World cup 2011 final. It was a very sad day!
  • July, 2011:
    • I was offered Associate Tech Lead position at Informatics International Limited
  • October, 2011:
    • Graduated with First Class Honors in BSc (Hons) Software Engineering from the Informatics Institute of Technology, Sri Lanka which is affiliated to the University of Westminster, UK. It wasn't an easy one and I must thank everyone for supporting me in various ways.
  • November, 2011:
    • Went to Horton Plains with my friends! Had a great time!
    • Bought Nikon D5100 Digital SLR! It was a dream for me for a long time! I simply love it!
  • December, 2011:
    • Watched The Adventures of Tintin Movie at Savoy, Wellawatta with my friends! Tintin is one of the best cartoons I have ever watched.
    • Bought Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo. My first ever Android experience!

 2012

  • January, 2012:
    • Participated for Android Forum organized by Etisalat.
  • May, 2012:
    • I was one of the groomsmen at one of my Best Friend's Wedding! I was really honored to be there!
  • August, 2011
    • Went on a trip to Dambulla and Sigiriya.
  • September, 2012:
    • Participated for TweetupSL 3 organized by Dialog!
    • Went to Knuckles and it was one of the best trips in my life!
  • October, 2012:
    • Watched T20 World Cup Finals Sri Lanka vs West Indies at the ground and it was my first experience of watching a cricket match live! Had a great time with & my friends, danced like crazy and enjoyed every moment of it. A bit sad about losing the match, but it was really great to be there.
  • November, 2012:
    • Went for Java Colombo Meetup at WSO2. It was a great event!
    • Took the initiative to advance my career and gave my resignation letter.
  • December, 2012:
    • Survived 21.12.2012!

2013

  •  January, 2013
    • Joined WSO2 as a Senior Software Engineer. Joining WSO2 was one of my dreams for last few years and I am really happy to be a part of such a great company founded by two great people, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana & Paul Fremantle.
    • Bought Samsung Galaxy S3, the best smartphone in the world! :)
    • Participated for Java Colombo Meetup at WSO2 for the second time.

That's it! This pretty much sums up my life in last few years..

Looking forward to write more blog posts! :)

Comments

Poo said…
nice post !
looking fwd to read more posts! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Specifying a custom Event Settings file for Java Flight Recorder

Flame Graphs with Java Flight Recordings

Benchmarking Java Locks with Counters